none
Wrong Primary Domain

Question

• I have just through setting up azure ad connect on my server to sync password and allow single sign on and all has worked well just waiting for local authorities to open some ports the allow pass through to work so I can get signed back in, the problems I have is when I was run through the setup process eveything look fine my domain appear and proceeded what I didnt realise was the primay domain was *************.onmicrosoft.com so all my users have *****@***********.onmicrosoft.com as there email address what is the easier way to change the domain name after the @ sign to the domain I want use I have in the azure portal changed the primary domain to the correct one now?

any help would be great.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:57 AM

All replies

• You need to change the primary domain. To do this:

1.  Login to the Portal (https://portal.azure.com)
    2. On the left, go to more services then search for and select Azure Active Directory
    3. Click "Domains" on the left
    4. When it loads you should see all your domains, along with a check mark indicating the primary
    5. Select the domain  you want to be the new primary, then on the window that loads click "Make Primary"

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:14 PM
  • Hi Sam

once I have done this will this then update all my user which are imported already with the domain change?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:38 PM
  • I believe you will need to change them manually I am afraid, I don't think it changes them retrospectively.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:04 PM