How to forbid the left border UI (to do quick switch between the normal explorer window and the metro window) when playing game in full screen mode?

Question

• I play SCII on windows 8 in full screen mode. usually you need to scroll the view by put the mouse pointer to the boundary of the screen. when i put the mouse pointer to the left boundary of the screen to scroll the view to the left, the pointer just went out of the game window and the shape of the pointer also changed back to the normal windows type. How can I solve this problem? it seems that on the left border of the window there is a UI to do quick switch between the normal explorer window and the metro window. and that UI still work when I am playing game in the full screen mode...Is there a game mode that can avoid such a problem?
    Friday, November 25, 2011 5:59 AM

Answers

• I play SCII on windows 8 in full screen mode.

it seems that on the left border of the window there is a UI to do quick switch between the normal explorer window and the metro window. and that UI still work when I am playing game in the full screen mode...Is there a game mode that can avoid such a problem?

What all do you have running?  If you don't have any Metro apps running there should be less problem.  For example, I am now in IE10 Fullscreen in Desktop mode with no Metro apps running and it is impossible to get the Metro thumbnail peek with either my TouchPad pointer, with Touch or with my Pen.   In fact, it is difficult to even access the Taskbar using a pointer device.   The only remaining problem is down in the bottom left with the TouchPad pointer which very easily--perhaps too easily--brings up the Start menu.

---

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:45 PM
  • There is not a way to disable this functionality.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:14 PM

All replies

• It is behavior by design that you could switch Windows using left side of screen. It is a good feedback for future release and also I suggest that report this issue to game developer too.
    Friday, November 25, 2011 6:37 AM
  • then currently how can I forbid this function,.,.,.,.,.,.,is there a cure?
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:47 AM
  • There is not a way to disable this functionality.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:14 PM
  • I play SCII on windows 8 in full screen mode.

it seems that on the left border of the window there is a UI to do quick switch between the normal explorer window and the metro window. and that UI still work when I am playing game in the full screen mode...Is there a game mode that can avoid such a problem?

What all do you have running?  If you don't have any Metro apps running there should be less problem.  For example, I am now in IE10 Fullscreen in Desktop mode with no Metro apps running and it is impossible to get the Metro thumbnail peek with either my TouchPad pointer, with Touch or with my Pen.   In fact, it is difficult to even access the Taskbar using a pointer device.   The only remaining problem is down in the bottom left with the TouchPad pointer which very easily--perhaps too easily--brings up the Start menu.

---

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:45 PM