BizTalk Configuration in clusered environment. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

We have an urgent requirement of configuring BizTalk in clustered environment.There are 3 system say A,B,C.SQL is installed in system A and we have to install and cnfigure BizTalk in B and C but while configuring we are getting an error as

The SQL Server 'A' cannot be used with SSO Administrator 'SSO Administrators'.Local accounts cannot be used with clustered SQL Server.

Can anyone please give me some idea to solve this issue.I have created SSO Administrators and SSO Affiliate Administrators groups in the System B and C but still i am getting the same error.

Thanx in advance...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:01 PM

Answers

•  

Like the error message says, check if Enterprise SSO service is up and running using proper accounts on those machines.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• In a multi-computer setup you cannot use local groups but instead must use domain security groups. There is not any other way around this. See the multi-computer setup for further directions for creating the accounts and groups: go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=df2e8a88-fb23-49a4-9ac7-d17f72517d12&displaylang=en and open up the guide for a multicomputer environment.

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:11 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanx a lot for replying...Now I am using domain group only and I successfully configured ENTSSO but while configuring Group and BizTalk RunTime again with the domain group its throwing an error as shown below.

"Failed to detect Enterprise Single Sign On on this machine.Please make sure whether Enterprise Single Sign On is installed ,configured and running in this machine."

Now can you please tell what is the cause for this and how to resolve this issue.

Thanx in advance...

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:17 AM
  •  

Like the error message says, check if Enterprise SSO service is up and running using proper accounts on those machines.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:01 PM
    Answerer
  • So in a cluster you mean for failover with one active and one passive or in a load-balance "cluster"? In failover, both servers would need Single Sign-On installed. Are you checking on Server B or Server C and which one has Single-Sign-On currently configured?

Thanks,

Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:27 PM