Help with Conditional Date Formatting RRS feed

• Question

• I am frustrated that I cannot solve this seemingly easy problem: 

Here's the code: 

If Date.Now.Day = vbSaturday Then
          Label6.Visible = False
          Label8.Visible = True
          Label7.Visible = False
          Label8.Text = "Weekends throw calculations off for school days. Will appear again on Monday!"
     If Date.Now.Day = vbMonday Then
          Label6.Visible = True
          Label8.Visible = False
          Label7.Visible = True
     End If

I want label 8 to ONLY show up on Saturday or Sunday, and labels 6 & 7 to show up Mon-Fri. I am unsure of how to get this to work. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:09 PM

Answers

• Labels 6 & 7 refuse to hide and 8 won't display even though TODAY is Saturday. I know how to use else and ElseIf, what I DON'T know is how to set up the proper date string to make the labels hide ONLY on saturday, and to have them show M-F.

See if this helps:

Dim tDate As DateTime = Today

If tDate.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Saturday Or tDate.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Sunday Then

Else

End If

Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:26 PM

All replies

• I think you want "ElseIf"

If ...

ElseIf ...

End If

Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Labels 6 & 7 refuse to hide and 8 won't display even though TODAY is Saturday. I know how to use else and ElseIf, what I DON'T know is how to set up the proper date string to make the labels hide ONLY on saturday, and to have them show M-F.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:19 PM

See if this helps:

Dim tDate As DateTime = Today

If tDate.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Saturday Or tDate.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Sunday Then

Else

End If

Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:26 PM
  • IT WORKS! I knew it was extremely simple, but I just couldn't figure this one out ;).
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:33 PM
  • IT WORKS! I knew it was extremely simple, but I just couldn't figure this one out ;).

Glad it helped. :)
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:34 PM