none
How to build and deploy web or worker roles using .net 4.5.2? RRS feed

• Question

• Based on this we should have support for .Net 4.5.2 however I cannot build the role in vs.

FAMILY 4 
    Windows Server 2012 R2
    Supports .NET 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2 (Note 2)

Note 2 – As of Sept 19, 2014, .NET 4.5.2 has not been specifically tested on the Azure Guest OS. But the Guest OS is essentially equivalent to Windows Server. The same compatibility rules that apply to the Windows Server product therefore apply to the equivalent Guest OS Families. If you encounter an exception to this policy, please contact Azure support. Microsoft will give a commercially reasonable effort to resolve your issue. Manual install package for .NET 4.5.2.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:40 PM

Answers

• 2.6 released, http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/azure-sdk-dotnet-release-notes-2_6/
    • Marked as answer by EV_Anonymous Friday, May 1, 2015 3:12 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

• Not being able to build a project within VS doesn't have anything to do with the PaaS platform, simply because the build process doesn't take the .csdef file when building the role's corresponding projects.

If it would have been the guest's OS configuration set, you'd get a role recycle, at most. What's the error you receive when you build the project?

Sunday, November 2, 2014 11:42 AM
  • I'm having the same issue too.  In Visual Studio, I get the following error when building "The role XXX is using an unsupported TargetFrameworkVersion v4.5.2." How do we use .NET 4.5.2 with a Web role?
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 7:57 PM
  • You need to upload a packaged build to azure, have you ever used azure before? 

Yes, what MosheGS said. This message prevents the build from succeeding.

Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

Please have a look at this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24054645/azure-worker-role-compatibillity-with-net-4-5-2, it seems that 4.5.2 isn't supported yet. According to this Microsoft blog they hope to add this version soon. it still wont build in vs, even updated the sdk to the latest.

Regards

Monday, November 3, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Please have a look at this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24054645/azure-worker-role-compatibillity-with-net-4-5-2, it seems that 4.5.2 isn't supported yet. According to this Microsoft blog they hope to add this version soon. it still wont build in vs, even updated the sdk to the latest.

Regards

Thanks, I knew about this and I was the one who left that comment on Oct 26th.

@JasonCoder yea but it still wont build in vs, even updated the sdk to the latest –  artfulhacker Oct 26 at 6:16 

Monday, November 3, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Hi,

I just installed Azure SDK 2.5, but am still getting the error when I attempt to publish.  Was this not included in the 2.5 update?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

I just installed Azure SDK 2.5, but am still getting the error when I attempt to publish.  Was this not included in the 2.5 update?

you would expect this from an aws or rackspace cloud, but freaking Microsoft Azure not supporting its own frameworks.. wth
    Friday, November 14, 2014 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenience.

The Azure SDK for .NET 2.5 has been released, but it seems there is some issues when we build the cloud application, the team are working on this, and all of your suggestions are benefit.

@EV_Anonymous, @Terry32250, @MosheGS could you show the detailed error message and your dev environment here?

I will try to report all information I collected, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Nithin.Rathnakar Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by EV_Anonymous Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:20 AM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 9:19 AM
  • When I try to Publish to Azure I get the following error in the Error List in VS2013.

"The role XXX is using an unsupported TargetFrameworkVersion v4.5.2."

So, same as before. I'm running Azure SDK 2.5
    • Edited by MosheGS Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:34 AM
    Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:32 AM
  • It looks like the answer is here:

"Using Azure SDK version 2.5 .... .NET Framework 4.5.1 is the most recent supported target framework for PaaS applications developed using this version of the SDK."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn873976.aspx

Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:46 AM
  • The Azure SDK for .NET 2.5 has been released, but it seems there is some issues when we build the cloud application, the team are working on this, and all of your suggestions are benefit...

I will try to report all information I collected, thanks in advance.

Any update on this? I have VS 2013 and Azure SDK 2.5, tried upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5.2 and am now getting build errors on my existing Web and Worker Role Cloud Deployment Projects: "The role ... is using an unsupported TargetFrameworkVersion v4.5.2".

It's been many months since I read the framework should be supported "soon", and I'm unclear if it never happened or if I'm missing something.

• Edited by Colin McGraw Monday, March 23, 2015 9:33 PM Changing wording.
    Monday, March 23, 2015 9:31 PM
  • Hi,

i'm having the same trouble with publishing/packaging a Web App for Azure. was hoping someone had an update on when/if/how .NET 4.5.2 will be supported for publishing web apps from Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks,

Neil

Friday, April 17, 2015 2:39 PM
  • 2.6 released, http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/azure-sdk-dotnet-release-notes-2_6/
    • Marked as answer by EV_Anonymous Friday, May 1, 2015 3:12 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2015 3:12 PM