none
Add Font options to CustomUI ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I'm wondering if it's possible to add font size, font color, font face or even the font ribbon group to a custom ribbon.

I want to do this so that users can select my custom ribbon and not have to flip back to the Home tab to adjust font attributes.

Thanks,
    Brad

Friday, June 8, 2018 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hello mbrad,

Yes, it is possible to do this work.

While we customUI ribbon, we could specific ID to create a new custom control(button, group, tab, etc...).

Besides, we could also specific idMso to refer to a built-in control. For you issue, we could specific the font group's idMso to a group, so the group will be created as the built-in font group. 

However, please note that you could not custom on the built-in control.

Here is a simply group which refer to font group.

<tab id="MyTab" label ="MyTab">
            <group idMso="GroupFont"/>       
          </tab>

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mbrad Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:26 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hello mbrad,

Yes, it is possible to do this work.

While we customUI ribbon, we could specific ID to create a new custom control(button, group, tab, etc...).

Besides, we could also specific idMso to refer to a built-in control. For you issue, we could specific the font group's idMso to a group, so the group will be created as the built-in font group. 

However, please note that you could not custom on the built-in control.

Here is a simply group which refer to font group.

<tab id="MyTab" label ="MyTab">
            <group idMso="GroupFont"/>       
          </tab>

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mbrad Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:26 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:06 AM
  • Hi Terry,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your reply. that is exactly what I was looking for. Is there a URL that lists all the idMso values for each existing button/group/tab etc?

Sorry for my slow reply. I did not receive an email stating anyone had replied.

have a great day.

Brad

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:26 AM