How can the LS Data Designer be used natively against SQLEXPRESS instead of localDB? RRS feed

• Question

• ...or to achieve the same effect, how can I set SQLEXPRESS to be the default DB engine for LS HTML projects (instead of localDB)?

Michael Herman - Toronto

Xpert Search Agents for Microsoft web sites: http://www.parallelspace.net/MicrodeX

Friday, January 3, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Not sure about default but have you tried changing the connection string? I have not tried that out lately and things have changed through to VS2013.

Any particular reason why? We have got used to using localdb now from inside VS2013 and SSMS.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:16 AM
  • Thank Dave, I think I tried that but it didn't work. I tried renamed _Intrinsic to _IntrinsicOLD and _Intrinsic2 to _Intrinsic.  I got a very terse build failed message when I tried this.

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="_IntrinsicData" connectionString="Data Source=|SqlExpressInstanceName|;AttachDbFilename=|ApplicationDatabasePath|;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;MultipleActiveResultSets=True" />
        <add name="_IntrinsicData2" connectionString="Data Source=PSN-WIN81-001\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=BuFlRoCo2;Integrated Security=True" />

<add name="d59186e4-e5ac-486e-abe6-d6bf42ff261f" connectionString="Data Source=PSN-WIN81-001\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=BuFlRoCo2;Integrated Security=True" />
        <add name="65d3fe80-6bfc-49ae-8115-2c776239af1b" connectionString="Data Source=PSN-WIN81-001\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=BuFlRoCo2;Integrated Security=True" />
      </connectionStrings>

Xpert Search Agents for Microsoft web sites: http://www.parallelspace.net/MicrodeX

Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:22 PM