none
How to get exact LAT/LONG for a specific address? RRS feed

• Question

• As early as a week ago, it used to be that you could right click on individual way points on the map to get the GPS coordinates for an address, but they changed something and now you can't right click on the way points anymore (tested in multiple browsers). Who do I send a trouble ticket to regarding this? I feel like it might be an unintended bug for some change they made, and they might not be aware. I can't find where to submit a ticket about that though. Thanks!
    Friday, December 13, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• I am still able to do this. Can you provide the steps you are using?

I do the following:

1. go to https://www.bing.com/maps

2. click on a location to get the point

3. right click on the point and copy the coordinates.

I do this all of the time for testing and so many things would not work for me if this didn't work.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:42 AM
    Owner
  • Hey, thanks for replying!

The steps are to first, click on "directions". Set your starting address, and then, enter one, two, three, however many destinations. They will show up on the map as navigation points, with alphabetical icons, A, B, C, etc.

I used to be able to right click on the destination letter icons themselves, but now cannot. I've tested that in multiple browsers. Is that commensurate with your experience or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks again!
    Monday, January 13, 2020 10:59 PM
  • Happy to help!  

There was a route feature added recently that gives more route cameras and imagery (See https://blogs.bing.com/maps/2019-12/routing-made-easier-with-traffic-camera-images-and-more ) but it has been around since about 2015 but maybe not with imagery at the end points?  When you hover on the endpoint you get "Click to see the turn or drag to modify your route" but I believe it has been this way for quite some time.  You can still click nearby like so:

Monday, January 13, 2020 11:43 PM
    Owner
  • Right I understand that, but there used to be an option to *right click* on the route pin. That doesn't work anymore.

It looks like in your example too, you're clicking beside your "B" route pin, rather than directly on it. Is that a visual inconsistency, or are you actually clicking on the pin itself?

When I hover over pins, I do get the box that says:

"Drag to modify your route
    "Click to preview your turn"

However, when I click on it, nothing happens. Tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:45 PM
  • Yes. The point itself is movable and if you hold down the mouse button you can drag any point along the route, including the end points.
    Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:26 AM
    Owner