none
System.ApplicationException _message: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I am working on a crash reported from a site.

I have the crash dump file. The dump analysis points to a location ( a method) in our code with an exception and message( as in the title). This message is not printed from anywhere in our code and it seems that the application crashed due to a trust failure between domains. I have no clue as to what can cause this trust failure. Somebody have any idea about this? Can this be related to a network issue?

Here is the stack trace that is printed from the dump file:

Number of exceptions of this type:        7
    Exception 0131e4ac in MT 79bffa9c: System.ApplicationException
    _message: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

_stackTrace:
    79bfb768
    799e1fe7 [DEFAULT] [hasThis] String System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name()
    0e48fb58
    79bfb940
    0bfa4ee0 [DEFAULT] [hasThis] Void Remoting.ServerAuthenticationHandshake.CallServerApplication0e48fb88 [Function in our code]
    00b5f3b8
    0bfa39f6 [DEFAULT] [hasThis] Void Remoting.ServerAuthenticationHandshake.ReadComplete(Object,Class System.Exception)[Function in our code]

0e48fbb8
    00b5f398
    0bfa2d51 [DEFAULT] [hasThis] Void Remoting.SecurityStream.ReadCompleted(Class System.IAsyncResult)[Function in our code]

0e48fc30
    00d137a8
    7b2922cb [DEFAULT] Void System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UI4,UI4,Ptr ValueClass System.Threading.NativeOverlapped)
    0e48fc70
    7b365bc0

-----------------

Is it so that the crash happened becaue of some network outage and this code was running at that time so it got printed in the stack.Do anyone feels there can be a issue with my application and i need to correct the code somewhere?

If it happened from my code what can be the issue to find windowsidentity.get_name ( this is where the crash is happening)

Is it possible to reproduce the issue? We donot have any steps from the site.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 12:50 PM

Answers

• Yeah, networking problem.  You'll find lots of Google hits, ask questions in a Technet forum.  There is a rather notable oddity, the .NET framework never raises System.ApplicationException.  WindowsIdentity.Name should fail with a System.SecurityException.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:42 PM