WM 6.5 components RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to develop a WM 6.5 application that uses those cool controls that are built into the OS. How can I see them in VS 2008? After installing WM 6.5 DTK, I still see the same ol' WM 5 controls. Can developers gain access to the controls that are in the new interface? I'd like to be able to drag and drop them like the WM 5 controls.

Thanks

Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:20 PM

Answers

• Can you provide details about what controls you are talking about? Is it possible that controls you're talking about were implemented by the OEM, with changed look and feel? And there is no OEM (that i know of) which provides an SDK to use the custom controls developed by it (which is kinda sad, I think if HTC released a Sense sdk for it's win mo phones it would've been great)

All the native controls supported by the Windows Mobile operating system are visible under the controls toolbar in VS. You might have to implement a custom control if you need to change the appearance of a control and make it look cool.

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

Friday, June 11, 2010 1:51 AM
  • if you are looking for 'cool' controls you will not find any that ship with VS you will have to create your own custom controls or buy from another source like beemobile controls , resco toolkit etc ...

Saturday, June 12, 2010 3:41 AM

All replies

• Can you provide details about what controls you are talking about? Is it possible that controls you're talking about were implemented by the OEM, with changed look and feel? And there is no OEM (that i know of) which provides an SDK to use the custom controls developed by it (which is kinda sad, I think if HTC released a Sense sdk for it's win mo phones it would've been great)

All the native controls supported by the Windows Mobile operating system are visible under the controls toolbar in VS. You might have to implement a custom control if you need to change the appearance of a control and make it look cool.

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

Friday, June 11, 2010 1:51 AM
  • if you are looking for 'cool' controls you will not find any that ship with VS you will have to create your own custom controls or buy from another source like beemobile controls , resco toolkit etc ...

Saturday, June 12, 2010 3:41 AM