Bing Map Interaction

Question

• Hi,

I was wondering can anyone help? I working on a game where I would like to move the Bing map based on the accelerometers  reading . I.e. As I tilt the device the map will move in that direction. Is this at all possible?

Thanks

Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi KenCTSLTD,

Yes of course you can, write your own logic for the user action and apply the new position to Bing Map should be ok.

Windows.Devices.Sensors namespace contains some good class for you for instance: Accelerometer Compass and even Gyrometer if you need.

And for how to apply the change on Bing Map, I think Bing Maps for Windows Store apps should be a better choice.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, February 14, 2014 1:26 AM
  • Thanks James,

I'll post my question to the Bing Maps Forum as you suggested. Its relocating a map to the accelerometer readings that I'm struggling with.

Cheers

Ken

• Marked as answer by KenCTSLTD Friday, February 14, 2014 8:00 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi KenCTSLTD,

Yes of course you can, write your own logic for the user action and apply the new position to Bing Map should be ok.

Windows.Devices.Sensors namespace contains some good class for you for instance: Accelerometer Compass and even Gyrometer if you need.

And for how to apply the change on Bing Map, I think Bing Maps for Windows Store apps should be a better choice.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, February 14, 2014 1:26 AM
  • Thanks James,

I'll post my question to the Bing Maps Forum as you suggested. Its relocating a map to the accelerometer readings that I'm struggling with.

Cheers

Ken

• Marked as answer by KenCTSLTD Friday, February 14, 2014 8:00 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 8:00 AM