Strange problem in Custom Control!! RRS feed

• Question

• User606128555 posted

Hi guys!

someone here can tell me what's the relation between the name of a namespace and a class in a server control!!!

open vs2008 and create a default server control which name of the namespace and name of the class is the same.

compile the control, add a webapplication project, and add the control to a grid view.

edit bindings and bind the default Text property, ok, now run the web application, you will get a compile error!!

now just change the class name in the server control and update the source of the page, run it again, no error occurs!!!

I havn't seen this error before, cause always my namespace names and class names are differs :-?

Sunday, June 1, 2008 8:30 AM

All replies

• User-667042492 posted

hi,

i think the answer of your quertion is below..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa691136(VS.71).aspx

i hope this help you..

Sunday, June 1, 2008 1:06 PM
  • User606128555 posted

Thanks for the reply,

unfortunately it wasn't the answer, because :

• first scenario :

if N=I and I'm calling N.I/I inside I, the compiler doesn't know N/I is a referment to N/I or is a referment to I/N and a type identifier "I" or "N" inside that.

• second scenario :

if N=I and I'm calling N.I outside the N so it's always : N=namespace and I=type identifier.

creating an instance of the control inside asp.net page and calling it, classifies in the second scenario.

Monday, June 2, 2008 1:44 AM