How to minimize the appplication to system tray and on click resume back RRS feed

Answers

• I saw the same forum post a few weeks ago.  I got real excited and tried it out.  It did nothing.

The conclusion I came to was that it is not supported on Windows Mobile 6.5.  Hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that WM6.5 has a system tray that you can add icons to.  The "title bar" at the top of the screen has icons, but you can only put them there if you are an OEM.  It is not available through normal API calls. 

What OS version is your phone running, and to which emulator were you deploying?  If the OS versions match between the phone and the emulator, then the problem may lie elsewhere.

I end up with the same conclusion that Shell_NotifyIcon is not supported on Windows Mobile 6.5. A sample project demonstrating the use of Shell_NotifyIcon was included in the Windows Mobile 6.5 DTK but it doesn't seem to work on the emulator
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, July 26, 2010 3:28 AM
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:44 AM

All replies

• What specifically isn't working? Are you getting an error code from one of the notification icon APIs?

-PaulH

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:15 PM
  • I saw the same forum post a few weeks ago.  I got real excited and tried it out.  It did nothing.

The conclusion I came to was that it is not supported on Windows Mobile 6.5.  Hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that WM6.5 has a system tray that you can add icons to.  The "title bar" at the top of the screen has icons, but you can only put them there if you are an OEM.  It is not available through normal API calls. 

What OS version is your phone running, and to which emulator were you deploying?  If the OS versions match between the phone and the emulator, then the problem may lie elsewhere.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:28 PM
  • hi,

Thanks for your replies.......

yes, the article which i posted above is working in WM5....but, it is not working in WM6 and above........i dont know why?

and i had tried Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.Notification class. In this it takes icon as one of the property and it is working and It shows the icon in a system tray.........where if i come to the application into the system tray it's not working...........please help me if you all know how to achieve this..............!

thanks in advance

Nagarjuna Dilip
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:46 AM

I end up with the same conclusion that Shell_NotifyIcon is not supported on Windows Mobile 6.5. A sample project demonstrating the use of Shell_NotifyIcon was included in the Windows Mobile 6.5 DTK but it doesn't seem to work on the emulator
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, July 26, 2010 3:28 AM
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:44 AM