Pivot table calculated field using "count of" another field RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add a calculated field in my pivot table.  The fields to be included in the formula are the "sum of" an expense field and a "count of" item types (the types are listed in text format so I know by the count how many of these types I have).  In the calculated field, I want to insert a formula to determine the average cost per item type (sum of/count of).  Outside of a pivot table, this is easy to do but I want it within the pivot table.  Is this possible in Excel 2013?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

Here is an article about sum values in a PivotTable, please check whether it is helpful:
    Sum values in a PivotTable

I also suggest that you ask none developing questions in Microsoft Community Excel 2013 or Excel IT Pro Discussions forum to get more effective response.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:29 AM
  • Hello,

In you data you need the total cost of your item and you need the number of items. If your item is unique in your data, just put a column with "1". In your formula, divide both.

Hope its helps

Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:35 AM