none
Controls Basics not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new with the microsoft Kinect v2 and I was testing some things out with it. I've downloaded the sdk and ran some examples programs. All went fine until I wanted to try the Control Basics one. It seemed pretty cool to operate a WPF window with the kinect. But whenever I open the application I don't have the hand that I can control with. At the top I do see myself in the camera but no matter what I do I can't get it to work. 

Any help?

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:40 AM

All replies

• You need to correctly setup your sensor to get in a stable state to actively track someone for interactions. Set the sensor about 6 feet from the ground and ensure there are no table edges or obstructions in the way of the sensor viewing the user. Tilt the sensor down so that is can clearly see the floor and the tops of the users shoulders/head and feet if possible. From there, stand facing the sensor and perform the engage action (hold hands to your side and lift the hand straight up). See the Human Interface Guidelines for more information (http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/7/6/676611B4-1982-47A4-A42E-4CF84E1095A8/KinectHIG.2.0.pdf)

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:25 PM