Visual Studio 2012 error “cannot find one or more components" RRS feed

• Question

• On 02.12.2014 I tried unsuccessfully to install Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 with the web installer.
        - Googling produced this bug that interrupted the download and installation. error Visual Studio 2012 kann nicht nach 7 Oktober 2013 installiert werden http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2896302/de
        - After googling and according to the directions a new download from "Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012  http://www.microsoft.com/de-DE/download/details.aspx?id=30678" completed.
        - After the download the installer reported the installation as successfull and all components available.
        - Starting Visual Studio 2012 produced this error “cannot find one or more components .Please re-install the application”
        - Googling again produced some suggestions including permissions problems. I checked the file permissions.

If you need additional information let me know.

OS Windows 8.1
        - All current windows updates have been installed.

What do I have to do to successfully install Visual Studio Ultimate 2012. Please note: a deadline is delaying because of the installation delays.
        - If I have to re-install Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, please give detailed instructions or point to a source of detailed instructions.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 4:59 AM

Answers

• I can answer the question myself. Open as administrator. In spite of having account access; that does not justify running the executive which requires elevated priviledges.

Although I have spent an unjustifiable amount of time googling for information on best practices of overriding the Administrator; I have found no information on when to override the Administrator or why to override the Administrator. Numerous pages document the Administrator and the admin account, but what reasons justify overriding and how does it change the threat landscape? What is the purpose of the Administrator in opposition to an admin account? When should an admin account be elevated?

If I have overlooked information on the abstraction of the Administrator or elevation of the admin permissions, it would be helpful to post it here.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:23 PM

All replies

• I can answer the question myself. Open as administrator. In spite of having account access; that does not justify running the executive which requires elevated priviledges.

Although I have spent an unjustifiable amount of time googling for information on best practices of overriding the Administrator; I have found no information on when to override the Administrator or why to override the Administrator. Numerous pages document the Administrator and the admin account, but what reasons justify overriding and how does it change the threat landscape? What is the purpose of the Administrator in opposition to an admin account? When should an admin account be elevated?

If I have overlooked information on the abstraction of the Administrator or elevation of the admin permissions, it would be helpful to post it here.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Hi _g_g_,

Glad to hear that you got it working! Thank you for sharing your solution here, it will benefit others who come across the similar issue.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:31 AM