InkAnalyzer or Recognizer? IACore.dll and Microsoft.Ink.Analysis.dll don't exist RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Adamvy,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, currently there is no InkAnalyzer support in .NET Framework 4.0. In order to achieve your requirement you may need to develop the app in .NET 3.5 or previous version. Another workaround is to take advantage of WCF recognition service in .NET 4.0.

Please also refer to this thread for more information,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fi-FI/wpf/thread/6acf2aab-29c4-4754-95eb-cb2d717c5a2e

Hope this information is helpful for you! If you still have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Yves Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Yves.Z Monday, February 28, 2011 5:42 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hey adamvy, I'd not like to say - but can I just check:

1) Which version of Windows are you running?
    2) Which version of the .NET framework have you got installed?

and please check this link out to see if it helps

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/tabletandtouch/thread/3db6f508-2189-4c33-aa1b-928449a175d0

Time is short
    Monday, February 21, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Hi Applekoz,

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and I installed the Windows 7 SDK v7.1 with .NET Framework 4.0.  I see in the release notes for the Windows 7 SDK v7.0 that IALoader.dll was removed.  This is why I'm wondering if InkAnalyzer has been deprecated.

That link you gave me suggests that all the features of the Tablet SDK are now included in the Windows SDK.  However in my version of the SDK (v7.1 .NET 4.0) there are no binaries for InkAnalyer (IACore/IAWinFx.dll)  The TabletPC examples that I have installed use the Recognizer class not InkAnalyzer.

However my understanding was that the Recognizer class is better fit for Windows Forms and COM, whereas InkAnalyzer is the preferred class for WPF.  Currently in my WPF application I have to convert the Strokes data from the System.Windows.Ink.StrokesCollection into strokes for use in the Microsoft.Ink.Ink class in order to use it with the Microsoft.Ink.RecognizerContext class.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:55 PM
  • Hi Adamvy,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, currently there is no InkAnalyzer support in .NET Framework 4.0. In order to achieve your requirement you may need to develop the app in .NET 3.5 or previous version. Another workaround is to take advantage of WCF recognition service in .NET 4.0.

Please also refer to this thread for more information,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fi-FI/wpf/thread/6acf2aab-29c4-4754-95eb-cb2d717c5a2e

Hope this information is helpful for you! If you still have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Yves Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Yves.Z Monday, February 28, 2011 5:42 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Is there any reason why InkAnalyzer is not supported in .NET Framework 4.0? Deprecated? Micorsoft really needs to do better job for its documentations.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:29 PM