none
.NET 4.0 Framework with Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i created the setup in visual studio 2010.i build the setup in Any .NET framework(in Launch Condition Editor)

i installed my laptop it's working fine and i have .NET 4.5 framework 

in my another system having the the same .NET 4.5 framework but the application doesn't run.

when i try to run the application it asks please download the .NET 4.0 framework but my machine have .NET 4.5 framework.

i am waiting for answer.

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi AnbuBharathi,

Please check whether you have targeted your application to .NET Framework 4.0. You can right click on the project, in Application tab page you can find which .NET Framework you are targetting.

The Condition Editor is use to check the condition whether to install your msi package. But when you tried to run the application after you have installed, it will check if you have installed .NET Framework you are targetting.

You can target your .NET Framework to 4.5 to solve the problem. If you want to target 4.0, one choice is to choose it as prerequisite, another choice is to add a configuration file in your project and add the supportedRuntime element, like:

<configuration>
       <startup>
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.5"/>
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
       </startup>
    </configuration>

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What project did you create and which language did you use?

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:02 AM
  • Hi

Windows and C# language

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:41 AM
  • Hi AnbuBharathi,

Please check whether you have targeted your application to .NET Framework 4.0. You can right click on the project, in Application tab page you can find which .NET Framework you are targetting.

The Condition Editor is use to check the condition whether to install your msi package. But when you tried to run the application after you have installed, it will check if you have installed .NET Framework you are targetting.

You can target your .NET Framework to 4.5 to solve the problem. If you want to target 4.0, one choice is to choose it as prerequisite, another choice is to add a configuration file in your project and add the supportedRuntime element, like:

<configuration>
       <startup>
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.5"/>
          <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
       </startup>
    </configuration>

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:50 AM
  • hi

we found the solution.

the problem is caused due to missing of framework dll's in system32 folder.

Anbu

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:10 AM