none
XP Embedded SP2 and AD RRS feed

• Question

• I have a device running XP Embedded SP2.  I have successfully joined it to a domain.

Before I reboot after the join, I can open Users and Computers | Groups | Administrators and see resolved AD groups that have been added to the local administrators group.  However, after the device has rebooted following the join,  all I can see are what look like the guid's for the domain groups.  Also, I cannot browse off the local device to add domain groups.

What could be blocking the groups access after the reboot?

Friday, December 29, 2006 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi, is this device protected with EWF or FBWF?
    Friday, January 5, 2007 6:40 PM
  • We have not used those (intentionally, at least).

My original post concerned problems we were having with one device that we were using to prepare a distribution image.  Since then, we have used that image on several other similar devices.

All are working as expected except for this issue.  As expected, we were unable to add domain groups on many of the re-imaged machines.  Nor did the domain groups already in the image resolve on those machines.

However, we discovered that we were able to add domain groups on two different subnets.  And, all domain groups on those machines also resolved appropriately.   So, we've taken this up with our local network engineers and AD and SMS administrators.

--Tim B.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:47 PM