File access denied when I try to an scx file with MODIFY FORM RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working with an SCX form file for quite a while when all of a sudden when I tied to open it with the MODIFY FORM command I get a "File access denied" like it is open somewhere else, but it could not be. I can open the form using it as a data file without a problem, and I don't see anythng peculiar there. It seems the problem must be somewhere in the scx file. Any suggestions?

Bob DuPuy

Friday, August 8, 2014 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Bob:

I give you some ideas.

1) To make sure that the form is not used for another process, open it as a table EXCLUSIVE (you didn't mention if opened shared or exclusive). If can't open Exclusively, then there is another process using it.

2) Try disabling the antivirus, and reopening th form with MODIFY FORM. If yo can open it, then you need to add all VFP extensions as exclusions in your antivirus program.

3) If the problem persists, then you need to search for the process using your form with a tool like Sysinternals Process Explorer (free download from http://technet.microsoft.com/es-es/sysinternals/bb896653). Once opened Process Explorer, search for your form's name (ie: myform.scx and myform.sct too) and hopefuly this will show you what process is using it.

Fernando D. Bozzo / Madrid (Spain)

Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:45 AM