locked
TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined RRS feed

  • Question

  • LS Error

    I started a clean slate (Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 CTP4) LS project and my data source is WCF Ria Service, then trying to create a simple list in HTML client but i hit this error. Any idea why before I hit the debuggers...


    iamrommel


    • Edited by i am rommel Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:41 PM Stated the version of visual studio used
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

  • Hi

    Have the same issue.

    It has to do with certain exrension.

    If I uninstall my extension it works.

    I found out that Xtrareport is messing it up....

    Not good.

    Sven


    SE1969

    • Marked as answer by i am rommel Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:36 PM

All replies

  • After some debugging the resource folder is missing and so it turns red in Chrome developer console (see attached image)


    After checking the BIN folder on which the LS is being deployed, it is really not there. 

    How can I generated it?

    iamrommel


    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hi

    Have the same issue.

    It has to do with certain exrension.

    If I uninstall my extension it works.

    I found out that Xtrareport is messing it up....

    Not good.

    Sven


    SE1969

    • Marked as answer by i am rommel Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Got it working, uncheck all extension in the LS Project and got it all working. Thanks SE1969_SWE

    iamrommel

    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 11:58 AM
  • Morning iamrommel,

    Were you trying to use the new Localization feature of the HTML Client by any chance? I have seen this issue in that context when accidentally naming the localization files incorrectly. Also later in the thread you mention that turning off all of your extensions solved the problem. Could you let me know which extensions you were using? This will help us track down the problem.

    Thanks,

    Kris


    Kris Langohr | Senior SDET | LightSwitch QA

    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:40 PM
  • I was NOT trying any localization, I just update the project name let the localization as what it is.

    I removed all the extension from microsoft, I did test it one-by-one, just remove them all, because currently i do not need them.


    iamrommel


    • Edited by i am rommel Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:26 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:26 AM
  • The issue remains.

    Have tried many different mixes of extensions and the biggest probelm is when Devexpress Xtrareport is involved.

    The client can then throw many exceptions even if I remove Xtrareport.

    Have to remove some more extensions and then rebuild and it builds again.

    Then I can add some of the extrensions again and build. Not Devexpress, Xtrareport. It only works Before a html client is added.

    It feels very unstable right now and Lightswitch is built on the fact that we could use extensions, not remove them.

    regards

    Sven


    SE1969

    Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:05 AM