none
Problem reconnecting Kinect to Xbox One after using on PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I recently bought the power adapter and connected my Xbox One Kinect to my PC.  After using for a few days, I tried connecting back to xbox one and it no longer starts up or is recognized by the xbox one.

Is there an issue moving it back and forth between xbox one and pc or a setting i need to change each time I move it?

thanks

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:26 PM

All replies

• There shouldn't be an issue and is something that is supported when using your Xbox One sensor(Xbox logo on the sensor). You cannot use the Kinect for Windows sensor on an Xbox One. 

There is different firmware for the device based on the system that get applied when connecting to Windows/Xbox One respectively. This happens at the time you connect the device to either system automatically and takes ~40-60 seconds to complete. Be sure not to disconnect during this time either connecting to Windows or Xbox. 

You can go into the Xbox One system settings for Kinect and get the details of firmware version that has been applied. there is also an option to force the update onto the sensor if it is the wrong one.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/kinect/kinect-sensor-not-recognized-by-console

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:26 PM
  • Hey there,

I work within Xbox and wanted to check to see if the solutions in the article Carmine mentioned worked or not?  As Carmine mentioned, this is a supported scenario and it should have worked fine going back and forth between console and PC. 

Probably the best solution on that article is Solution 3: Resetting the Kinect Sensor by doing a hard boot of the console.  If that doesn't solve it, then there is an issue with the sensor and it will need to be replaced.  Can you please reply and let me know where you stand after the troubleshooting steps?  Also, if possible, my team would like to see if there is any telemetry from your console that would help us determine what happened.  We could discuss that over email if you wish.

Thanks,

Jeff - Xbox

Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:09 PM
  • Hello I am doing some research for work. Any information will be helpful to the following questions;

1)How can I find out what firmware our current kinect v2 sensors have? We have some that were purchased almost 2 years ago and some a few month ago. So I assume the older ones vs the newer ones would have different firmware version? (We don't have an xbox console go use settings to find out, anyway to find out by connecting to a pc?)

2)What is the latest firmware version microsoft has for the kinect v2 sensors? Where can I find that? I tried microsoft support and they were no help.

3)Lastly, How can I update a kinect v2 sensor that has an older firmware version with the latest version using a pc?

Monday, March 6, 2017 1:37 AM
  • Hello,

what is the exact procedure to do Solution 3: Resetting the Kinect Sensor by doing a hard boot of the console?

Is it resetting the firmware of kinect?

Thanks!

Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:50 PM