Crash on XAudio_29.dll (Happens on 0.5 % of the install).

Question

• I've noticed in the minidump reports, that I have 0.5% of crash on XAudio2_8.dll 

Since it's a system function, it is not supposed to crash, worst, it could be exploited
    Here the crash log (I have minidump).
    Is there a QA, Bug report at Microsoft ?

Thanks

XAudio2_8.dll!OAPIPELINE::ResampleLinearFromInt16MonoSse2(struct OAPIPELINE::SSRCParameters *) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!LEAPFX::CAudioSRC::Process(unsigned int,struct XAPO_PROCESS_BUFFER_PARAMETERS const *,unsigned int,struct XAPO_PROCESS_BUFFER_PARAMETERS *,int) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!LEAPCORE::CSWVoice::Process(unsigned int) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!LEAPCORE::CGraphManager::ProcessVoiceChains(unsigned int) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!LEAPCORE::CGraphManager::ProcessGraph(unsigned int) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!LEAPCORE::CGraphManager::GraphThreadProc(void) Unknown
      XAudio2_8.dll!CThreadBase::StaticGraphThreadProc(void *) Unknown
    kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk@12() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!___RtlUserThreadStart@8() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8() Unknown

Friday, November 08, 2013 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you zip up the dump file and put it on your SkyDrive? Once you have it uploaded please post a link here. I will grab it off your SkyDrive and take a look. I'll then let you know what I find.

Thanks much,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Friday, November 08, 2013 11:55 PM
  • Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:39 AM
  • XAudio2 operates on a model where the application owns the audio memory, and is responsible for keeping it available and valid while any source voice is active processing it. Any idea what is happening your application at this point? Are you sure you aren't freeing the playing sound?
    Saturday, November 09, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Hello,

Are you still seeing reports of this?

Thanks,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:38 AM