none
Visual studio 2015 is not opening while system not connected to internet

Question

• Hi Everyone,

At startup Visual studio 2015 is not opening error showing as "Visual studio has stopped working" and after that I found it is opening fine while my laptop is connected with internet however I getting this error only while I will be offline.

From event log I found the below error which I am not able to understand how to resolve it. Please help me if anybody had faced this issue earlier and resolved. 

Application: devenv.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AggregateException
    Stack:
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c__DisplayClass2.<ThrowAsync>b__5(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi BikashBiswal,

Thanks for your post.

>>At startup Visual studio 2015 is not opening error showing as "Visual studio has stopped working"

Generally you can launch the Visual Studio without internet connected.

For your issue, I think the problem is more related to your Visual Studio 2015 itself.

Please clean the cache of your Visual Studio. Delete the content in the following folder:

C:\Users\your account\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0

Then try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

If above suggestions still no help. I suppose there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio 2015. Try to repair your Visual Studio or install the VS2015 Update3, the latest update of Visual Studio 2015.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:27 AM