Simulator not starting

Question

• Hi,

I have a fresh installation of Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 on a Dell XPS15z laptop. I am trying to debug a Windows Store App in the simulator. It works fine when debugging on the local machine. (The sample Hello World app from msdn)

The simulator loads, but it keeps loading, the five dots are moving from left to right, until after about 30 seconds, it closes and I see the following message in Visual Studio:

'Unable to start  the Simulator. Cannot process request because the process (xxxxx) has exited.

I have searched the internet, and all fixed I can find are not helping. I have upgraded my display drivers (Intel 3000 and nVidia 525M to the latest version (even beta version), disabled Cisco anyconnect services, upgraded Visual Studio 2013 to Update 1 RC, but nothing seems to help.

The event log shows no errors, but it does show three warnings when the simulator is started:

1. A pointer device did not report a valid unit of angular measurement.
    2. A pointer device reported a bad angular physical range.
    3. A pointer device reported a bad angular logical range.

And after that an informational message: 'The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code (0xd00002fe)'

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Regards, Felix

Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:53 PM

All replies