none
"Previous Item" and "Next Item" arrows become disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I suddenly noticed that at some point, the "Previouse Item" and "Next Item" arrows in my emails and appointments become disabled.
    For sure, it's because of the add-in I'm developing.
    I tried some versions of my addin, and it seems it started while ago, and I need to do a lot of work to guess what changes caused this behavior.

So.. has anyone encounter the same problem?

I suspect it has to do with adding\changing the Ribbon, as the arrows become disabled only for Item Typs for which I changed the Ribbon, and it works fine where I did not touch it.
    However, it may be the easy path, as I do a lot more than only working with the Ribbon..

Your thoughts are most welcome.

Thanks.

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

• let's start with classic move: comment out part by part of your add-in logic and see when arrows become available again. Using this drill down to single function or even line of code that is causing this and show it to us.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:05 AM

All replies

• How do you open the item? Do you double click on one of the items in the message list?

The Next/Previous butons really need to have the right context...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Dblclick on an item in my inbox items list, for example.

Without the addin - the buttons are enabled.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:26 AM
  • let's start with classic move: comment out part by part of your add-in logic and see when arrows become available again. Using this drill down to single function or even line of code that is causing this and show it to us.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Well.. I agree - if there is no other suggestion then this is what I need to do.
    But as I have a huge amount of code, I truely hoped that I'm not the first developer that ran into this problem.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:00 PM
  • Look at this that way: maybe you are not the first to have this problem but you will be the first to share solution to it :)
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:19 PM