none
Trying to add a new style sheet error message says No editable regions in <head> tag RRS feed

• Question

• Strange things have started to happen with sharepoint, last night and today, pages that were working fine for editing aree no longer editable

These errors all concern the search Refinement, Search Box, Search Results and  Search content Popular and recommended web parts.

the Error Log Says ID7935

but I get Unknown Server tag. with the Error log info.

one of the many errors I'm currently getting is  "failed to attached style sheet no editable regions in <head> tag"

I have googled this, but the results do not mention SharePoint webpart pages, I only see solutions for Expression Web, nothing is mentioned for SharePoint Web Part Pages on how to solved this. this is strange, as I have several custom css style sheets attached using SharePoint Designer.

Any idea why the webpart pages are saying this error?

Also getting "An unexpected error has been encountered in this Web Part. Error: Unknown server
    tag., "

Nothing with the web parts has changed, but I go to make a modification to the web part page and it throws these errors..

Does anyone know if it is possible if the masterpage and the webpart pageboth have the same .css attached and then if you try to on the page have the css item changed to display:none if that might cause the issue.

Or is it possible if since the web parts are search web parts and then maybe if the Web part IDs are the same on different pages, that it could be a web part numbering issue?  As the web parts were NOT copied, they were added using the ribbon  and add a web part, but there were  3 pages that had the same web parts for a results page testing...  could this have caused the issue?

• Edited by cowboy2066 Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is what I understand: you have some pages which contains search related web part, after you add custom CSS style into the master page, these pages are no longer editable.

Please clarify if I misunderstand.

Can you show more about how you do the customization in master page? It would make others easier to research on this issue for you.

Here is a link about how to add custom CSS to a master page for your reference:

http://blog.sharepointexperience.com/2015/10/part-2-implement-custom-css-in-sharepoint-master-pages/

Best regards,

Patrick 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

To get the root cause, please try to close the webparts one by one and see which webpart causing the issue.

Thanks, Amit Kumar, LinkedIn Profile ** My Blog
    Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:53 AM
  • I did the alt address mapping seemed to work for some items. but search still brings up the  original url, not the url that the search  was started from. but I have not had much time to dive into this item.

• Edited by cowboy2066 Monday, April 17, 2017 5:46 PM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 5:46 PM