none
Azure AD Connect one way sync from AAD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have our AD in Azure AD, and for few reasons I need to synchronize the Azure AD with one server on-premise. I want to sync from Azure AD to this server and it must be a one way sync.

From what I've seen, Azure AD Connect only offers two ways sync when syncing from Azure AD to a server.

Do you have any recommendations for this specific case?

Thank you

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hello, 

Azure AD Connect tool is specifically used for scenarios where you have to synchronize your on-premise AD with Azure AD. User objects are synchronized to Azure AD but  cloud only accounts (accounts created in Azure) are not synchronized back to on-premise. This is not a supported feature yet. So AD Connect will not help in this scenario. 

I do not believe there is an out of the box solution for this. You can probably create a PS script to import the users from Azure AD into a CSV and create/ update them in on-premise periodically. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:13 AM
  • Please let us know if the above reply answered your question and remember to "mark as answer" to help others in the community who might be wondering the same thing. 
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:30 PM