Visual studio package can not be loaded RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have made one project for Visual studio package in visual studio 2010. It works perfactly in other machine.

But when i run the same project in my pc It give error that "Systtem.Runtime.InteropService.ComException

unspecified error HRESULT 0x80004005 (E_FAIL) error. 

I have also properly installed VsSDK_sfx SP1 in my pc to run VsPackage. but It not run in my pc.It perfactly run in other pc.

can you please help me for that?

• Moved by Martin_Xie Friday, August 19, 2011 11:17 AM Move it to VSX Forum for better support. (From:Visual C# Language)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:23 AM

All replies

• Here  process is 

when I run my project new visual studio instance is created. from that instance when i open any project the programe use that project's assembly informations. 

In othe pc It works perfactly. But in my pc when i run that it give above exceptions. If I add any datacontext in the project which I opened from my new instance of visual studio the build it & then it works properly in my pc.

It get all assembly informations properly.

Other machine no need to do that. It works normally.

How can i solv that problem in my pc?

can you please help me?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:29 AM
  • Hi Vipul,

Based on above information, we are unable to find the result of the problem. What I can tell is some parameter you pass to some COM object may be invalided to raise such exception. To find the exact root cause, you may need to attach a debugger into your Package and debug the code to see which one cause this issue.

By the way, what's you mean "add any datacontext in the project", could you tell us more about your package and the workaround you use to override the issue?

Regards,

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:30 AM