Login prompt appearing when opening Office documents RRS feed

• Question

• Each time I open an Office document in a SharePoint library, I have to re-enter my credentials.

I am using MOSS 2007, Windows XP and IE 7.

I've checked the 'remember my password' option when being prompted for my credentials.

Regards,

Prasad.

Monday, January 20, 2014 12:36 PM

Answers

• Thanks for All your Help.

Sharepoint keeps asking for Username and Password when you try to access some files or when you try to click on Edit Item , Delete Item Button , or some links .
    Here might be a solution if all the steps showed above dont work for Me

When we Click a button (eg . Edit Item , Delete Item ,or any link) you are actually request javascript or any resource which located on the server folder not on sharepoint.
    The reason we get prompt USER and PASS becuase we dont have permission to those file . For some reason the security setting for those file has been changed. We need to add permission back.

Sharepoint using resource and javascipt from a folder call _layouts ,main javascript located under _layouts/1033 .
    Make sure to have all read and execute permission for each indiviual file in 1033 folder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Monday, January 27, 2014 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Prasad, can you try adding your SharePoint site to your IE trusted zone?

Dimitri Ayrapetov (MCSE: SharePoint)

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:04 PM
  • Have you made any configurations in Alternate Access Mappings?

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog

Monday, January 20, 2014 9:30 PM
  •  I believe we have added quite a few webparts recently and problem have started appearing after that only.  
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:29 AM
  • Hello,

Could you tell us more about those webparts? If they are custom webpart then make sure that user is having proper right to execute your code.

You can also view ULS log to see the error detail in 14 hive/logs folder.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:54 AM
  • http://stackoverflow.com/questions/375390/office-documents-prompt-for-login-in-anonymous-sharepoint-site

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:55 PM
  • I hope this will be useful:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/45feb132-c304-4521-8b79-42236a829aab/login-prompt-appearing-when-opening-office-documents?forum=sharepointadminlegacy

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Thanks for All your Help.

Sharepoint keeps asking for Username and Password when you try to access some files or when you try to click on Edit Item , Delete Item Button , or some links .
    Here might be a solution if all the steps showed above dont work for Me

When we Click a button (eg . Edit Item , Delete Item ,or any link) you are actually request javascript or any resource which located on the server folder not on sharepoint.
    The reason we get prompt USER and PASS becuase we dont have permission to those file . For some reason the security setting for those file has been changed. We need to add permission back.

Sharepoint using resource and javascipt from a folder call _layouts ,main javascript located under _layouts/1033 .
    Make sure to have all read and execute permission for each indiviual file in 1033 folder.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Monday, January 27, 2014 3:35 AM