What are your recommended workflows for collaboration between a Graphic Designer and Expression Blend developer? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to the programming world and also a little bit confused. My brother would like to work with me on some program. I'm a graphic designer so he asked me for UI and all it's elements. I would really help him as much as it's possible so I have found Expression Blend for Visual Studio. At first it looked great but after few minutes I've started to understand that I totally don't know What to do with my project. How should the workflow look like? What's first? Graphic representation of the program? Can we work simultaneously? How can i give him the UI?

I know it may look lame, but in fact, I'm lame in this. I just don't know how to work with him at the same time... and it's a little embarrassing to ask him questions all time.

Is it possible that I do my work piece by piece and give him separate components? Or should I finish whole UI and give him when it's ready? How can I give it(i mean, how can I save the project and give it to him)... Please write everything what comes to your minds, I will appreciate any help.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:38 PM

All replies

• Ideally you should work on a single code base shared between you with source control. That way you can both be working on the same project and not have to integrate pieces from separate projects. Blend supports TFS, VS supports both git/tfs through tfs online. There are other good source control plugins for VS as well. 
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:14 PM