Small Basic Manuel RRS feed

• General discussion

• I thinck that there sould be a new manuel for small basic (with more extended information)
    Monday, June 18, 2012 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Whoru_idk,

Smallbasic without any extensions is a very small language, the language reference covers all functions, what other information would you like to see within a new manual?

I would like to see a code repository with examples on programming techniques.

• Edited by Kirkkaf Monday, June 18, 2012 2:45 PM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 2:45 PM
  • I have uploaded a set of (non extension) samples here covering a range of techniques in Other Resource Downloads, Samples.
    Monday, June 18, 2012 6:09 PM
  • I will take alook at some of these examples, would be nice to have a managed wiki to keep all these examples for people to search through and for a place for other users to contribute.

A wiki that allows anyone to post their own content but not edit other peoples is easier to manage with administrators to edit and remove content that is spam.

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:44 PM
  • There were samples etc on the SmallBasic wiki, but it got so full of spam is wasn't much use - there was also no feedback (helpful to 1 person, 50 people or no people) so there was no way to tell whether constantly deleting spam, maintaining and adding stuff was worth the effort or not.

I guess also the 'Showcase your Programs' sticky thread and other posts on this forum are still the best resource.

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:01 PM
  • Yeah the only problem with them they are threads and not sub forums for threads - they are a pain to search for anything you would be interested in.

I think due to the amount of places you can seek help for smallbasic was so vast it was hard to maintain a wiki as the primary source for documentation as their is a Facebook page, quick user manual (PDF), language reference and a community forum.

Out of all the sources only one is updated and maintained, that is the forums but this isn't a great way to keep user examples, language features, extensions and programming tecniques. Some of the forum threads like the showcase one is that big it takes some time to load and for whatever reason Microsoft forums don't load multiple pages. (Is there a feature for this?)

• Edited by Kirkkaf Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:01 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:00 AM