Portal Dashboard Values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've one Medium Virtual Machine (Windows) running some compute intensive process (95-100% CPU shared between my app and SQLServer) for at lest one hour. In the portal's dashboard for that VM I have CPU values like 48%, 34%, 19% even 0% for 1 hour time range. The max value is 78%.

Is this normal? what kind of perf. counter are being captured?

Keep the good work.

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hey Vitor,

For the consistent 95% CPU usage data, are you seeing this in perfmon or some other performance tooling? The CPU counters we are using are sampled every 30 seconds but it still would not explain this distinction. If you would be comfortable sharing you subscription ID and deployment ID with IaaSForum@microsoft.com, we can take a look.

Corey

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hey Vitor,

Thanks for the question and the feedback. Let me follow-up on your question and get back to you!

Corey

Friday, July 13, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hey Vitor,

For the consistent 95% CPU usage data, are you seeing this in perfmon or some other performance tooling? The CPU counters we are using are sampled every 30 seconds but it still would not explain this distinction. If you would be comfortable sharing you subscription ID and deployment ID with IaaSForum@microsoft.com, we can take a look.

Corey

Monday, July 16, 2012 6:24 AM