none
Visual Studio 2015 Bypass Evaluation Period Expire Error

General discussion

• Hello,

Its possible to bypass the Evaluation Period popup once its expired. While researching i came across a scenario where i was able to bypass this screen and continue using the Visual Studio 2015 without the Product Key Error.

I would like to know anyone else was able to perform the same.

Thanks

Abhi

• Edited by Abhitodan Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:44 AM
    Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhitodan,

Would you mind sharing us the detail about that scenario you came across?

In normal circumstances, we could evaluate Visual Studio for free up to 30 days. After sign into the IDE we could extend the trial period by 90 days. To continue using Visual Studio we could unlock the IDE by

1.using an online subscription.

2.entering a product key.

Please refer to How to Unlock Visual Studio for more info.

If you want to use Visual Studio after your evaluation time expired, I would recommend you try Visual Studio 2015 community.

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Friday, March 03, 2017 8:26 AM
  • hi,

if you are using Visual Studio 2015 community, its free . you don't need to bypass "Evaluation Period popup ".

Just sign in to your microsoft account. it will activate !  

Friday, March 03, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hello Leo,

Recently i got the error that your evaluation Period has been over and i will have to enter the product key or Sign into the Community to continue an if i don't select any of these the product get closed and  i was not able to use it. But while researching i was able to find that if i delete the DLL located below, It will never ask me for Product Key. So basically i can use the product without buying or without Sign into it. I was not sure if this is a bug or what but in previous version i have not seen flow like this. 

DLL Location:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProductKeyDialog\v4.0_14.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProductKeyDialog.dll

Let me know if you need more information on this?

Sunday, March 05, 2017 2:05 PM