So installed Win 8 and now it doesn't read my driver: C.

Question

• What can I do and how do I get it to work? The installation went fine but this whole driver thing is bothering me. Is this supposed to be like this? I can't save anything to my computer or make any changes. Please let me know if this is the way the program is designed so I can go back to Win 7, thank you!
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:58 PM

Answers

•  

Since you are experiencing so many issues, it really sounds like your ISO was corrupted and this error could be caused by a bad burn of the ISO. 
    If you want to try again, you can re-download and re-burn the .ISO file. Also, it may help to burn using a lower speed if the software you are using to burn the .ISO supports that function.

On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-from-an-ISO-file

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:55 PM
  •  

Since you are experiencing so many issues, it really sounds like your ISO was corrupted and this error could be caused by a bad burn of the ISO. 
    If you want to try again, you can re-download and re-burn the .ISO file. Also, it may help to burn using a lower speed if the software you are using to burn the .ISO supports that function.

On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner

Sincerely,

Marilyn

I strongly agree, it definitively looks like you have a defective ISO/DVD... Win8 has some problems/missing bits (hey it s not even a beta at this stage), but it is definitively usable and stable enough to get an idea of what's next in MS's bags.

I also suggest redownloading the whole ISO (it s not that bad afterall) check the ISO, and do a USB install so you can rule out the dvd-burning issues, there is a post it in thos very forums on how to get it done right.

Also take the time to verify your hardware, sometimes, it just comes down to a loose CPU fan cable or miss configured bios..

Keep us posted,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:12 PM

All replies

• What driver are you describing?
    Most drivers are not created for Windows Developer Preview, so download the latest Windows 7 driver and install it.

You may be able to install drivers that are designed for other versions of Windows by using the compatibility troubleshooter. You can try this troubleshooter by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers

Please provide more details so we can help with your issue.
    Marilyn
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:29 AM
  • I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8 just cuz I wanted to try it out. When I installed Win 8 I did a clean version meaning I didn't care if my personal files got erased cuz I had already backed everything up. Once installed I wasn't able to copy anything onto the desktop or change any basic settings in the control panel. I reinstalled win 8 just in case something went wrong the first time, but again the same problem. The program would glitch..wouldn't give me the complete settings. Sometimes it took forever to access something, to restart,or shut off as well.  My computer met all the requirements and more when it came to runing Windows Developer Preview. So after I reinstalled Win 8 for the 2nd time, I just figured it was too early to expect anything good from it, so I went back to Windows 7. Maybe when this version of Windows 8 is more stable I will try it out again, but for now I'll just stick to Win 7.
    • Edited by MJ89a Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:50 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:44 PM
  •  

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:55 PM
  •  

Sincerely,

Marilyn

I strongly agree, it definitively looks like you have a defective ISO/DVD... Win8 has some problems/missing bits (hey it s not even a beta at this stage), but it is definitively usable and stable enough to get an idea of what's next in MS's bags.

I also suggest redownloading the whole ISO (it s not that bad afterall) check the ISO, and do a USB install so you can rule out the dvd-burning issues, there is a post it in thos very forums on how to get it done right.

Also take the time to verify your hardware, sometimes, it just comes down to a loose CPU fan cable or miss configured bios..

Keep us posted,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:12 PM