SQL Server authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I face problem in scheduling the packages.Actually I have followed all the steps that are given in the MSDN site.But it evey time it shows me like "The step failed". So I tried with Windows authentiction, here scheduling is working and it shows Successfully executed but no datas are retrieved.please help me.
    Friday, November 14, 2008 8:27 AM

Answers

• There are two problems you seem to have the first is that you are having a problem with authentication. The second problem is that the package does not return any results. You will have to provide greater detail about both these problems.

I’m guessing that the package you have created runs from visual studio, but when “scheduled” as a job under ‘SQL server agent’ the job fails. This is probably because the account the ‘SQL server agent’ runs under does not have sufficient rights to access resources that your account does have access to. This is however only a guess.

If you are running the job under SQL server agent then you can view the job history by right clicking on the job then selecting View history. This will provide you with more details of the error

Friday, November 14, 2008 12:34 PM