none
POINT OF SALE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RRS feed

• Question

• GUYS CAN I ASK 

HOW CAN I CREATE A GENERIC POINT OF SALE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. VB.net MYSQL DATABASE.

Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:32 PM

All replies

• GUYS CAN I ASK 

HOW CAN I CREATE A GENERIC POINT OF SALE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. VB.net MYSQL DATABASE.

Search the net for examples in vb.net or c# and if you find some in c# use an online c# to vb.net converter to convert it. Telerik can convert a c# .exe to a vb.net project with their free decompiler.

La vida loca

Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:43 PM
  • First off please refrain from using all CAPS.

In regards to your question, I would suggest searching the web to find something like this one which uses SQL-Server and adapt from SQL-Server to MySql. When finding examples one needs to understand that the connection to any database under the covers boils down to either a manage data provider or Entity Framework while the code that follows is the generic layer for working with DataTables, DataSets other than Entity Framework which under the covers uses a managed data provider.

But if you are a developer it would be much better to find/create a database schema to match up with what is to be stored and write code to interface with said database tables.

There are more disadvantages to using someones code than building this yourself.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, February 17, 2018 2:40 PM