Help in debugging problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm really at a loss as to how to figure out what to do. The scenario seems simple enough. I want to delete an entity.

This is a silverlight 3 application using WCF DS v1.0.

The situation is this, I want to delete a entity. I say DeleteObject(entity), and then save.

The second time I try to delete a entity I get an error, usually "Resource is not found for Foo" (Foo is a child of the entity). Other times simply "Bad Request", yet other times I'll get an error like "The web response contained unexpected sections. ID=16"

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Without more information about what you're trying to do and what is the result, it's almost impossible for us to determine the actual cause of the errors. In general - try to get as much information as possible about the failures: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/phaniraj/archive/2008/06/18/debugging-ado-net-data-services.aspx

If you could show us the code (or simplified version of it) which fails and ideally a trace of the trafic between the server and the client we might be able to help. (you can use for example fiddler to grab the trafic).

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:09 AM