Connecting to Oracle DB which is in On Premise Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to get data from Oracle DB which is on premise server.

I have got the solution of Self Hosted IR,

my doubt is, for this do i need to install or configure any thing in on-premise server.

Kindly provide your necessary help 

Thanks in advance

Pankaj  

Pankaj

Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:14 PM

All replies

• Yes, self hosted IR setup needs to be run in on-premise server. It's just following the wizard and setting up the keys. 

Detailed steps are here:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5812/connect-to-onpremises-data-in-azure-data-factory-with-the-selfhosted-integration-runtime--part-1/

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:34 PM
  • Hi @Vaibhav,

Thanks a lot, you have always bees a Azure guide for me whatever the issue i post.

As my client is in UK and I am working from India

and even for accessing the Oracle server I need to be connected to  client network then only i can access it 
    In that case, do i  have to run the IR setup on the server where the DB is hosted?

Pankaj

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:09 PM
  • In that case, do i  have to run the IR setup on the server where the DB is hosted?

Yes, remote login to that server where Oracle is hosted and run IR setup.

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:51 PM
  • Hi Pankaj,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking it as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi there,

We have not heard back from you in quite some time - was the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking it as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:09 AM