none
Best way to create tasks using the Office365 API ... RRS feed

Answers

• Hi mpjjonker,

>>Should I use the discovery service to find out the entityname and attributesnames for "tasks" ?<<

Did 'tasks' mean that taskes and to-do items in Outlook? If I understood correctly, there is no such API for it. If you want to this function to support in the further version, you can submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by mpjjonker Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:43 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here is the statement from this artice:

You can program directly against the REST APIs to interact with Office 365. If you do, you'll need to write and maintain code around managing authentication tokens, constructing the correct URLs and queries for the API you want to access, and other tasks. The Office 365 SDKs for Visual Studio, Eclipse and Android Studio, or Xcode, help reduce the complexity of the code you need to write to access the Office 365 APIs.

What did you mean managing tasks through the API is not yet supported? As far as I know, we can use Office 365 API to access to Office 365 data, also we can use the REST service direct access the data. And here is an figure for the preview features for the Office 365 APIs for your referece:

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:01 AM
  • Thanks for giving me hope.

Should I use the discovery service to find out the entityname and attributesnames for "tasks" ?

Based on the documentation I guess not:

To interact with the Discovery Service API you send HTTP and OData requests. Discovery Service supports discovering CalendarContactsMailMyFiles (for OneDrive and OneDrive for Business service endpoints), and RootSite (for SharePoint).

I will look into this myself as well and report back.

• Edited by mpjjonker Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:33 AM additional info
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:04 AM
  • Hi mpjjonker,

>>Should I use the discovery service to find out the entityname and attributesnames for "tasks" ?<<

Did 'tasks' mean that taskes and to-do items in Outlook? If I understood correctly, there is no such API for it. If you want to this function to support in the further version, you can submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Regards & Fei

• Marked as answer by mpjjonker Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:43 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:41 AM