Kernel Mode Exception Not Handled

Question

• Hi,

I am using windows 8 developer preview since 2 months,

from last day onwards my PC automatically gets restarts and every time it's giving different notification.

lastly i noticed this one.

Please help me or do i need to reinstall or go for 7?

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, February 06, 2012 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I installed ws 2008 ,and problem solved,

still i dont know the issue ,thanks for every one,

if any one has window server developer preview links let me know

Thanks

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Marked as answer by san Sanz Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:48 AM

All replies

• A Refresh may help in your case. Control Panel, General, Refresh. Your data as well as the apps that were part of WDP will not be affected but the applications and updates installed by you will have to be reinstalled. You may need to insert your WDP boot drive during the Refresh process. A list of uninstalled apps will be listed in html on your desktop. 
    Irfan
    • Edited by Irfanfare Monday, February 06, 2012 8:53 AM to complete
    Monday, February 06, 2012 8:48 AM
  • thanks irfan i wil try now

Monday, February 06, 2012 9:20 AM
  • The next step, Sanz, obviously, would be to try a Reset. But before that it would help to read how similar issues are handled in Windows7 at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-0x1000008e/5bc2def6-083c-429d-8696-8423d1df3893
    Irfan
    Monday, February 06, 2012 3:26 PM
  • I tried both the ways no luck,

i forgot to mention,

last 3 days back i tried to install ubuntu windows installer,once it restarted it wont show any thing ,

it boots up normally so i uninstalled again.Whnen i go through eventviwer it is showing system went through bug check ...

• Edited by san Sanz Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:30 AM
  • last 3 adys back i tried to install ubuntu windows installer,once it restarted it wont show any thing , it boots up normally so i uninstalled again.

Hi sanSanz,

are you sure you performed a complete Refresh? A refresh should have removed Ubuntu and you might have to reinstall it. Are you still getting the original error after the Refresh/Reset?

Irfan

You may try reset your RAM cards as well, take them out, blow clean the slots, clean the cards and put them back.

• Edited by Irfanfare Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:08 PM to complete
    Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:51 AM
  • hii ,yes i did both refresh and reset

no help,its automatically gets restarted with :( symbol

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:21 PM
  • Sanz,

It could be a hardware issue, try to clean & reset as well as a swap of the RAM cards. You may also check the hard disk for errors, try Seatools by Seagate, do the basic tests, initially.

Irfan

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

can you share the dump (C:\Windows\Memory.dmp or the smaller files from C:\Windows\Minidump)?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Thanks Andre.Ziegler,

the Bug Check link shall be extremely useful to me. Clears too many doubts for me.

Irfan

Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:51 AM
  • thanks every one,

Memory.dmp file not found( beacuse of not enough memoryI tested in eventvwr ,it shows it requires 20 gb and my c drive have 4 only)

i wil check minidump and let you know because i dont have internet connection at home and it's get restarts evry 10 mins.

so useless for me right now.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Hi san Sanz,

forget the memory dump, check your hardware. You just can't give up on a issue like that.

Irfan

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Hi,

I installed ws 2008 ,and problem solved,

still i dont know the issue ,thanks for every one,

if any one has window server developer preview links let me know

Thanks

• Marked as answer by san Sanz Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Hi sans Sanz,

I think you will need a MSDN subsription to download Windows Server Developer Preview from this link.

Irfan

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:10 PM
  • If WS2008 works it is a driver issue and we need a dump to figure this out.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:50 PM
  • hi ,

my comapny have msdn action pack subscription ,

will it work?

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:17 AM
  • If WS2008 works it is a driver issue....

You are right Andre.Ziegler.

Irfan

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:39 AM
  • hi ,

my comapny have msdn action pack subscription ,

will it work?

Hi san Sanz,

please go to the 'link' I pasted in my post above and find it out for yourself.

Irfan

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:45 AM