none
Configuring ClickOnce prerequisite name in Add/Remove programs from Setup and Deployment project RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS 2008 Setup and Deployment project that simply copies files to
    Common Files Folder/Company Name/Product Name as part of a ClickOnce prerequisite installation.

I will like to be able to specify the name the Windows Installer uses to represent this prerequisite in the Add/Remove programs dialog.
    How do I do this?

TIA.

Klaus
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Klaus,

Thank you for your post.

Do you mean that you want to specify the name of the application in Add/Remove programs?

If yes, please go to "Project" Menu >> [Project Name] Properties >> "Publish" tab >> Options >> Write the name in "Product Name" textbox.
    For more information, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/shfsy39d.aspx

BTW, this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to Clickonce, you could post your thread on ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum. You will get more useful help. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, September 11, 2009 2:36 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 7:22 AM