none
Custom Event or Event with filter criteria ???? RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hi all,

So far I see all .NET event can only support an Event signature without specifying any filter from the client side ( for example MachineInAlarmState() ).

I would like to know if there is anything that allows me to satify this requirement:

I need to subscribe to an event with a filter and only receive a notification message when the condition is right (the filter criteria).

For example: I have 1000 data items or more from an event service but a client only wants to receive an event from certain data item (for example: item # 10 and its value > 10) .

The only way I can think of is somehow I need to be able to create an event or a subscription that I can specifiy which data item I need to receive an event from under certain condition (filter).

Thanks for any idea

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:51 PM

All replies

• hi

if possible can u post the code here

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:31 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Friday, January 11, 2008 1:44 AM