The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Custom domain still unverified even after 7days RRS feed

• Question

• I have added my domain as custom domain and updated domain DNS with the generated txt record. I am able to verify the txt record using dns verify tools but azure status is still unverified. Troubleshooting  doesnt give much information other then redirecting to knowledge base doc how to add. How to troubleshoot why my domain is still unverified status. Non of the suggested steps applicable as this is new tenant i have registered and not configured anywhere else.
    Saturday, November 9, 2019 5:01 PM

All replies

• Has the domain been verified in any other tenants in the past? If so, then it would have to be removed from there and then added to the new tenant. A single custom domain can not be verified to more than one tenant.

Suggest you to check the same. Also, mention the domain to us here and we would check the same from the backend.

It also could be that the domain might have got added to a background (ghost) tenant. It could be that this tenant might be unmanaged and/or does not have a admin. Follow the steps mentioned in this document to Force Take over the tenant, then remove the custom domain. Then add and verify the domain in the tenant that you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:32 AM
  • I am not ware of if the domain verified by ghost tenant. I am owning this domain and now trying to register.

My Question is: what ever reason its blocked it should allow me to take over . Even i have tried to force takeover without any luck. Below is the error.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>  Get-MsolDomain

Name                               Status     Authentication
    ----                               ------     --------------
    chitaranjanhotmail.onmicrosoft.com Verified   Managed
    supportcloud365.com                Unverified Managed

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>  Get-MsolDomainVerificationDns -DomainName supportcloud365.com -Mode DnsTxtRecord

Label : supportcloud365.com
    Text  : MS=ms64104805
    Ttl   : 3600

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Confirm-MsolEmailVerifiedDomain -DomainName supportcloud365.com
    Confirm-MsolEmailVerifiedDomain : Unknown error occurred.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Confirm-MsolEmailVerifiedDomain -DomainName supportcloud365.com
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Confirm-MsolEmailVerifiedDomain], MicrosoftOnlineException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.DomainNotFoundException,Microsoft.Online.Admi
       nistration.Automation.ConfirmEmailVerifiedDomain

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:11 PM
  • Looks like its blocked in ghost tenant by a ghost office 365 Administrator. How to takeover ghost admins tenant configuration?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> confirm-msoldomain -Domainname supportcloud365.com -ForceTakeover Force
    confirm-msoldomain : Unable to verify this domain because it is used elsewhere in Office 365. Remove the verified
    domain from the other service before adding it here.
    At line:1 char:1
    + confirm-msoldomain –Domainname supportcloud365.com –ForceTakeover For ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Confirm-MsolDomain], MicrosoftOnlineException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.DomainNameConflictException,Microsoft.Online.
       Administration.Automation.ConfirmDomain

• Edited by chitaranjan Monday, November 11, 2019 3:18 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 3:18 PM
  • @Chitaranjan, We see that the domain "supportcloud365.com" has been verified on the backend. Suggest you to check again on the Azure Portal. If you still see that it shows as Unverified, then do send us an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com with this Thread URL and your Subscription details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Please let us know if you were able to resolve the issue from the replies before. If you still have more questions please let us know with some additional information regarding your question and we'll try to resolve it. It may require additional support escalation if we are unable to resolve this on this msdn thread. 

If there's no more follow ups in regards to this, I will be marking an answer as answer. If you feel your question has not been answered please let us know anymore pending asks and we can try to follow up accordingly. 

thanks,

- Frank H.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:03 PM