none
Reading SSO database values in functoid in Biztalk map RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am working on project in which i am using BTDF and configuration and deploment is done using it.

It's working fine.

I have use the BTDF to store the Key,Value pair in database.

I want to read this value in Biz-talk Functiod to read and set the value to few elements....

i have tried link as : https://btsmapextutilitypack.codeplex.com/

The limitation of this project is that it's not working fine with BTDF as per the Discuss thread of this post....

I am planing to write my custom functod with the Helper file and use this helper file in Biz-talk map project by using scripting functoid.

Can some on point me to the blog or post where the helper code is avilable with steps...?

Thanks......

Thanks and Regards, Nitin.

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Sharad....

Thanks for help on this .....

i have implemented this and it's working fine now....

What i have done is :

i have refereed the DLL which comes with SSO installation, at location  - C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 6.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileReader.dll

Add reference to project, use scripting functoid and call the Read string function...this function needs two input parameter 1) application name 2) the value name...

That's all....

• Marked as answer by Nitin Surya Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Nitin,

Good Idea, to read the value from Helper c# class. Please find steps may be helpful for you:

1) In the map use scripting funcotoid and give Inline C#, pass the parameter as name of Key and name of affiliate application or you can also hardcode the value of application name inside class choice is yours.

2) In your helper C# class you can write one method which can accept your input Key parameter & affiliate name if given in scripting functoid as below;

Public string Getvalue(string Keyvalue, string appname)

{

string ReadValuefromSSO = SSOSettingFileManager.SSOSettingFileReader.ReadValue(appname, Keyvalue)

return ReadValuefromSSO

}

please add SSOSettingsFileReader.dll as reference to your C# project class.

Refer:- http://www.tfabraham.com/BTDFDocs/V5_0/DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkDocs.html?ReadingConfigurationSettingsatRu.html

Regards,

Sharad

Monday, July 13, 2015 7:06 PM
  • Hi Sharad....

Thanks for help on this .....

i have implemented this and it's working fine now....

What i have done is :

i have refereed the DLL which comes with SSO installation, at location  - C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 6.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileReader.dll

Add reference to project, use scripting functoid and call the Read string function...this function needs two input parameter 1) application name 2) the value name...

That's all....

• Marked as answer by Nitin Surya Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:40 AM