none
windows media player issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on an x86 architecture (intel Atom) running WinCE 6.0 R3.

I have included Windows Media Player component from the catalog (all of them like Windows Media Player, Windows Media Technologies, WMA and MP3 playback etc *EXCEPT* Windows Media play OCX 7.)

Now, when I try to play any audio file e.g. an MP3 file or any wav file from Windows Media Player, it complains "Cannot Play ... Please verify the filename and path". I am not sure why is it complaining about filename or path being incorrect.

The audio driver appears to be fine, as I could play the sample audio file "wavplay" and I can also hear error sounds etc.

Any pointers on this please?

Thanks,

Shani

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:38 PM

All replies

• It complains when you try to play it *how*?  You double-click on it in Windows Explorer?  You try to Open it from inside Media Player?  We can't see your device, so you have to tell us everything that you know.

Paul T.

Friday, August 6, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

It complains this for both instances, i.e. when trying to open from media player, as well as when double-clicking from Windows Explorer.

Shani

Monday, August 9, 2010 8:49 AM
  • I don't think I can explain that.  If it were me, I'd put the OCX in the operating system.  If that doesn't work, I'd assume that there's something wrong with my media files (wrong codec called out, wrong wrapper file format, etc.)

Paul T.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:04 PM
  • After adding the OCX 7 component, it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Shani

Monday, August 16, 2010 10:35 AM
  • I don't do much media stuff, but that says to me that the "Media Player" is just an application that uses the OCX to do all of its work (kind of like how the Internet Explorer browser in CE is just a wrapper for the browser OCX.

Paul T.

Monday, August 16, 2010 7:16 PM