none
Load test user count limitation in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise

Question

•  I have visual studio 2013 enterprise installed, however when I try to do load test with 1500 users I keep getting the error message: "...: An activated full version of Visual Studio Enterprise is required to run the load test with virtual user count greater than 250." 

I do have a license to enterprise edition.

Thanks

• Edited by GeethaRavi Friday, August 05, 2016 9:05 PM
    Friday, August 05, 2016 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi GeethaRavi,

According to the error message, this problem should be related to your Visual Studio Enterprise version. Please make sure whether your Visual Studio Enterprise is actived or not. We often active Visual Studio Enterprise with a product key and Microsoft subscription account which has permission to use Visual Studio Enterprise version. If your Visual Studio Enterprise is not active, that means your Visual Studio Enterprise is trial version, which is limit the load user counts.

And you mentioned you are using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise in the title, but in your post, you said you are using Visual Studio 2013 Enterprise. Please tell us which version of Visual Studio Enterprise are your using?

In Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, I have tested in my side. There doesn't have load user counts limitation in my active Enterprise 2015. It works fine in my side.

If you are using Visual Studio Enterprise 2013, please check whether you have installed the Update 3 and higher version update for your Visual Studio 2013. There has a bug in previous version of Visual Studio 2013, and it has been fixed in Update 3 and higher updates.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/808977/s73-winterupdate-user-cant-run-full-load-tests-if-they-activate-vs-ultimate-using-msdn-subscription

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 08, 2016 6:30 AM