How to enable developer mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I've installed VB Studio 2013 and I'm trying to develop my first WP app.

I start a new project, press the run button and get this alert:

ok, no images. "body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account" (and no links or emails to verify my account, good job Microsoft in attract new developers).

Basically is the windows that says developer mode is not enabled and I should go to settings > for developers and activate it.

What? How? Where?

I go to settings in Windows (10 preview) and there's nothing about developers/development. Search finds nothing.

What to do?

Thanks 

Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:21 PM

Answers

• I suggest if you have any issues about windows 10, please post this issue directly to the windows 10 forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=WinPreview2014 . for better expert coverage.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Locksoft,

Thank you for the post!

Copying a post from the related thread. The following link has steps on enabling developer mode on Windows 10:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn706236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Basically, it is in the Windows 10 OS settings for "Update and Security" area.   There is a item labeled "For developers" that has the option to enable developer mode.

I hope this help!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:56 PM
  • Yes, thanks Sadiqh, I finally found it (strange it didn't appear doing the search in settings).

Now the problem is that, as soon I select the "for developers" tab, the whole settings hangs and then suddenly close (like if it was crashing).

I'm using Win 10 Pro Insider preview, build 10074.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:24 PM
  • I suggest if you have any issues about windows 10, please post this issue directly to the windows 10 forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=WinPreview2014 . for better expert coverage.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:02 PM
  • Ok, thanks.
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:25 PM