Will there be a shortcut to the Apps screen?

General discussion

• I love Metro, but there are a couple of things that would * me off if I had to do it all the time. Are you planning on adding a shortcut to the "Apps" screen? I just find it really inconvenient, and bothersome to have to hover my cursor all the way down the bottom left of the screen, click Search and then have the list of all my apps currently installed. I'd rather just have a nice pretty link (or Tile) that links to that Apps screen from the Start screen.

I understand the reasoning behind having the Search button there, but it still seems a little tedious to me. What do you think about this?

Is this something you already have planned for RTM or would you consider implementing this?

Original Title: "All Programs"...

Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:48 PM

All replies

• I understand the reasoning behind having the Search button there, but it still seems a little tedious to me. What do you think about this?

FWIW I think that if you are going to "search" you are going to be typing, so use your keyboard and forget about the button(s).   It's completely analogous to the W7 Start Menu Search bar IMO and a lot clearer about what it can do for you.   The only difference is that you don't have groupings called "menus" there to get in your way.   <eg>

---

Friday, December 09, 2011 12:55 AM
  • It is pre-Beta and metro style is going to improve, for applications that you are using mostly , you could pin and unpin them. Just search them and then right click on application and then chose pin and it will pin in start menu. There were several feedbacks regarding to Metro and it will getting better as Windows 8 is under development.
    Friday, December 09, 2011 12:19 PM