Failure to publish asp.net web application because of thumb.db cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• User-390872747 posted

Hi,

when I try to publish my asp.net web application, using visual studio 2015,  to the Web Server on which I am hosting the web application,  I get the following error..

Error : Copying file MyImage\Thumbs.db to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\MyImage\Thumbs.db failed. Could not find file 'MyImage\Thumbs.db

And the publication fails because of that.

It all (being able to publish) used to work, but it has suddenly giving error. Not sure what went wrong. can you please help ?

Thank you

Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:43 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Check the MyImage folder through Solution Explorer to see if it is part of your project (you may find a warning icon to tell it is not actually found on disk) and exclude this file from your project.

This is a file created by Windows Explorer to handle image thumbnails and there is no point in including this as part of your project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:20 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Check the MyImage folder through Solution Explorer to see if it is part of your project (you may find a warning icon to tell it is not actually found on disk) and exclude this file from your project.

This is a file created by Windows Explorer to handle image thumbnails and there is no point in including this as part of your project.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:20 AM
  • User-390872747 posted

Thank you much. It worked

Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:12 PM